Erik has a passion for the hospitality industry with over 20 years of executive leadership in his professional career. Early in his career he worked for various hotel companies, including IHG, Steigenberger Hotels, Accor and SAS Hotels. In 1990 he switched to the supplier side and spent years in various roles at Property Management System vendors. He started out learning the trade installing, training and supporting software and later in engineering at Hotel Information Systems in California. His roles and responsibilities in management have included:
- Running the HIS offices in London as Managing Director for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Overseeing project delivery and then global sales for Hotel Concepts in The Netherlands.
- Heading up ITS RezExchange as Managing Director, emerging in the world of electronic distribution.
- Directing Itesso’s Marketing and the early stages of Itesso’s transition to a SaaS organization.
- Heading up the education department, transitioning from onsite training to e-learning.
- Leading Product Strategy for one of the first cloud native property management systems.